Friday, March 4, 2011

Our "New" Dining Room Set

What can you get for 6 Bananas?
A new dining room table, that's what!
My parents happened upon an old dining room set through some friends. Apparently they gave them a mere 6 bananas for the whole set. Either way, they had no need for it, and offered it to us, since Allen and I had been shopping around for a dining set anyways. So after a long hard day of sanding, painting and lots of staples, we gave new life to this little set. And I must say, I absolutely adore it!
Removing the previous fabric. Some of the chairs had 5 layers of fabric! Literally was like pulling teeth.
And the sanding begins. After one chair down, I already wanted it to be over.
I took my turquoise paint color swatch to the fabric store to help narrow down the fabric.
Before and After!
It was a fun weekend project and I've already started looking for more hidden treasures.
Here's a break down of my spending:
Table & Chairs ----------------- FREE
Paint  --------------------------- $12 x2 = $24 (I got an all in one Paint+Primer gloss, but unfortunately the sales rep convinced me into getting two quarts, so I still have one unopened)
Fabric  ------------------------- $15 (Joann's had a 50% off sale on all prints!)
High Gloss Finishing Spray------ $8
Already had the sand paper, and paint brushes.
So a grand total of $47 for a "new" dining room set.
Gotta love doin' it yourself! :)

1 comment:

  1. turned out so awesome! What a huge change, and all for under $50.

    ReplyDelete